Friday, April 30, 2010

Longboarder and Death Weasel

Longboarder and Death Weasel

Photos: Daniel Franks
Words: Steven Thomas

Here is some recent images of Jon Steel A.K.A “Death Weasel” and I taken by Daniel Franks. Jon is an amazing surfer as well as an amazing Surf photographer. I don’t know that many Surf photographers that are badass surfers that will slice the throats of waves like Steel. If you want to check out some of his surf photos be sure and check out his snaps at www.jonsteelephoto.com



Cosmic tube time for Jon Steele.
Photo: Daniel Franks


I often think of my Longboard as a battle Axe and I’m a Viking warrior and the waves are dragons.
Photo: Daniel Franks


Just a little back hand pat.
Photo: Daniel Franks


Jon in battle pit mode
Photo: Daniel Franks


Check the gut on the Nose
Photo: Daniel Franks


The waves throat bleeds for Jon’s needs. Say that ten times fast.
Photo: Daniel Franks


Routine backhand hit day in day out.
Photo: Daniel Franks


My barrel for the day
Photo: Daniel Franks


Shaka,punk rock,fury,surf session ends for Jon and I. We had a lot of fucking fun that morning

No comments: